Multi-Agent Grid Navigation Coordinator
This program is very similar to the other serial applications we've developed. The default baud rate is 9600, and this should not be modified unless you change the baud rate in the 3pi program and the Wixel apps as well. Select the port you wish to connect to and click Open. If the port you want isn't listed, click Refresh first. Send commands to your m3pis as outlined below. When you're done, close the port.
By default, this application keeps a log of all communications and significant events. This can be disabled by unchecking the Update log box. We recommend that the logging stays enabled, so you always know what's going on.
- Halt: Instructs the named robot to stop immediately.
- Resume: Instructs the named robot to resume its behaviour if halted, or begin moving towards the next goal.
- Set destination: Instructs the named robot to set its next goal to the given location. Positional information is comma-delimited (eg, 4, 3).
- Set position: Instructs the named robot to reset its position to the given location. No orientation change takes place. A robot is assumed to initially be facing North.
- Halt all: Instructs all robots to halt immediately.
- Resume all: Instructs all robots to resume their behaviour, or begin moving towards their next goal.
We've done our best to make this program as safe (and easy) to use as possible. Error situations are handled as gracefully as we can manage, but you should avoid doing dumb things like yanking out the Wixel from your PC during execution, and other things like that.